Sunday, July 27, 2008

MysticBliss: Which Door Will You Choose?

Sit, have some pink lemonade.

Listening to: I think I was obligated to choose this -- another of my favorite male voices.

Today's Bliss Formula: A properly lazy Sunday with Frog. Weather permitting, a bike ride to the water seems to be called for. And some reading and bird watching. Perhaps, if we feel very ambitious, we will pull a few weeds -- but no more, just a few.

Follow your bliss and doors will open where there were no doors before.

--Joseph Campbell

I'll tell you right now, the doors to the world of the wild Self are few but precious. If you have a deep scar, that is a door; if you have an old, old story, that is a door. If you love the sky and the water so much you almost cannot bear it, that is a door. If you yearn for a deeper life, a full life, a sane life, that is a door.

--Clarissa Pinkola Estes

Not knowing when the dawn will come I open every door.

--Emily Dickinson

I have become my own version of an optimist. If I can't make it through one door, I'll go through another door - or I'll make a door. Something terrific will come no matter how dark the present.


--Rabindranath Tagore

3 comments:

differenceayearmakes said...

Thank you by the way for the Joseph Campbell site - I've always loved Campbell and have many of his books. But it has been awhile, perhaps time to reread them.

Enjoy your lazy Sunday.

Cori said...

"If you love the sky and the water so much you almost cannot bear it . . . "

So there are others. How do they/you "bear it"?

blisschick said...

Yes, Campbell is quite yummy, isn't he? Or at least his brain is...Cori, I don't know if there is a "bearing it." I think there is a deliciousness to this "almost not bearing it" that we should savor and we should just be glad that our hearts and spirits are still so very open and supple.