Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Calling All Wild Woman Artists!
So I have this idea and I need some help from you visual artists out there -- and I know there are so many of you!
I'm not just talking to those of you who make money with your art. Yes, you are included -- some of you are some of my favorite artists -- besides Marcy, of course!
I'm also talking to those of you who haven't given yourself permission to say you are "artists." Now is the time. Time for you to come out to yourself and the rest of the world -- or at least, this tiny piece of the world.
It is my dream to turn the Eccentricity Revolution for Wild Women manifesto into a downloadable poster so that women can hang them up on their refrigerators, over their computers, in their yoga rooms, at their jobs, wherever they need a reminder of their true selves.
But I am not a visual artist of this kind.
That's where you come in. Yes, you!
I will take submissions until Tuesday, July 21st. You have three weeks to work on this.
Just send a JPEG image to pinkyogi at gmail dot com.
After I have collected the images, we will put it to the vote. All pieces will be loaded anonymously and the readership of Blisschick will pick their favorite.
The winner will receive a copy of Clarissa Pinkola Estes' Women who Run with the Wolves, but if she already owns that, we'll come up with something else.
Here are the rules:
1. You may submit as many images as you like.
2. The poster must contain all 14 points of the Manifesto.
3. The poster must be able to fit an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper and still be readable.
4. The poster must be Wild, Fun, Expressive, Colorful, and Inspirational!
5. The poster may be generated in any way you see fit -- photography, paints, digital, whatever!
6. At the bottom, the poster must be copyrighted to www.blisschick.net and yourself.
The winning poster will be made available for free.
How about it? Are you ready to play?
I double dog dare you!
(Photo Credit: Christine C. Reed, Lilly Passed Out Mid Run, 2009)