Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Lessons of Digging Deep


I've had a bit of time to think through the experience of the Creative Dig Workshop now, and the things that I come away with are all about people and perceptions.

I have often wondered how accurate our instincts and intuitions can be when trying to work with the limited and flat world of the interwebs. Can we create real relationships in this place that is not really a "place" as humans have known that concept for most of our anthropological history and development?

I come away from the Dig knowing that yes, we can, and that it is the same as the World of Flesh & Blood, meaning that we can make mistakes and also be completely surprised.

I met some amazing, amazing women this past weekend. Women with whom I felt immediately and totally comfortable. Women that I found myself pouting at when it was time to leave.

For those women, I quote Albert Schweitzer, who, I think, totally captures why I have decided to put myself out there in this more "real" way and take these risks that I have begun to take.

We wander through this life together in a semi-darkness
in which none of us can distinguish exactly the features
of her neighbor. Only from time to time, through some
experience that we have of our companions, or through
some remark that she passes, she stands for a moment
close to us, as though illuminated by a flash of lightning.
Then we see her as she really is.


It was a dark and dreary day in the Land of Cleve...


As Connie started us off...


And Andrea took them on a journey through clay...


And Connie through paint & paper
reminiscent of childhood...


And pen was place on paper to reveal new truths...


And intentions were made and met
with candles lighting our wishes
bright enough for the Universe to see.


(Photo & Text Copyright: Christine C. Reed, blisschick.net, 2009)

8 comments:

angela said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend. Wish I could have been there, but I am inspired just reading about it. Thanks for sharing it, and for your blog.

Wild Roaming One (WRO) said...

I have read so many similar post from all who attended Christine ~ it sounds like it was a lovely space to BE creatively and literally. If you ever decide that something similar may be doable up here in TO,Canada, let me know!

WRO xo

Tabitha@ichoosebliss.net said...

It is so noticeable that you ladies were in bliss. I simply love that.

Anna said...

sounds like a fantastic time releasing creatively :-)

Heather Plett said...

I agree - very real and comfortable friendships with amazing people who know each other on a deeper level than some "in-person" friendships are based. It was so good to be there and you are as beautiful in person as you are on line.

I love that picture of me perched in my favourite writing spot on the floor. :-)

Melita said...

looks like an amazing time.

Kassie said...

Beautiful!
That sense of immediate & deep connection - what a blessing!

Jennifer said...

I love this! Looks like so much fun! And, yes, the interwebs are flat and full of falsities (a word which I think I just made up?) but REAL relationships CAN happen!