Sunday, September 27, 2009

MysticBliss: Wild Woman with Wings


I recently asked all of you for suggestions of Wild Women, and one that came up seemed extra appropriate, considering my word for the year is Fly: Amelia Earhart.

There is a great looking film coming out with Hilary Swank. Here's the trailer.

(Did you know the real Amelia was so photogenic?! Take a look.)

She was only the 16th American woman to get her pilot's license.

I LOVE that she refused to wear pilot's typical gear but would wear a dress or pant suit instead. Flying Fashionista!

And here are a few great quotes:

"...decide...whether or not the goal is worth the risks involved. If it is, stop worrying...."

"Better do a good deed near at home than go far away to burn incense."

"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward."

And my personal favorite:

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it."

Sassy!

For more about her, here is the official Amelia Earhart website.

Amelia teaches us all to look our fears in the face and fly!

(Note: I'm always up for Wild Women suggestions! Just leave them in the comments or email me.)

6 comments:

VICKI IN AZ said...

I really needed this today!
Thank YOU!!

Jan said...

Amelia's biography was one of the very first I ever read as a young girl. I just read more about her through the biography of Anne Morrow Lindbergh, a fellow flyer. I cannot wait to see this movie and allow Amelia's soul to companion mine with courage....

JFKlaver said...

Whoa! Amazing info and great quotes. Thank you.

Pat said...

There is a great little company called Women Fly (www.womenfly.com) that has great products about other Wild Women and inspirational quotes.

Lisa said...

Love the quotes. Thanks. Your personal favorite made my day.

Cindy said...

Love it! What about Virginia Woolf? She was troubled... but apart from being my favorite artist, she stood up for women rights and wrote some pretty strong stuff. Pretty wild!