Monday, September 28, 2009

Post Dig Doldrums


I'm sitting here at my computer in my beautiful orange writing space, candle light flickering off walls, and the wind is whipping against the house. It is Autumn, that is for certain.

Another piece of evidence regarding the time of year: the pumpkin spice latte sitting to the left of my keyboard.

I hear Lilly Cat in the hallway, crying for my attention. I have not been away from the house for more than a few hours since we brought her home last November, so this weekend was a challenge for both of us.

I would like to spend many days trying to process and integrate what happened at the Creative Dig Workshop on Saturday, but alas, I do not have that luxury as I leave this coming Saturday for Kripalu and have so many things to clean off my plate before then.

I am hoping for a week in the Berkshires that allows for contemplation and journaling besides making connections and learning.

After a big event like this -- one I've been anticipating for months, planning for, worrying about -- there is often a sense of let down, is there not? No matter how awesome it goes, it's over, ya know?

And there are always, always, always things you would have done differently.

On the other side of that coin, there are always surprises that you could never have anticipated.

It will take me a couple of weeks to figure out what I learned from this experience and where I want to take it next.

Tomorrow I will post some photos from Cleveland and write about some of those wonderful surprises.

For now, I'm taking my pumpkin spice latte to go and play with my cat.

This Chick needs some serious rest.

(Photo & Text Copyright: Christine C. Reed, blisschick.net, 2009)

8 comments:

Melita said...

your space IS beautiful!! hope you and lily cat enjoy some time together before you gallivant off to kripalu. i hope to make it to kripaul someday :)

Linnea said...

I liken this feeling to Christmas afternoon, when the month-plus of planning, shopping, decorating, and wishing have come to a halt. I can't describe that feeling, but that's how I generally feel after a big event -- giddy highs mixed with wistful longing.

Rest, drink your latte, and enjoy your LillyCat. We'll still be here when you get back.

Lisa said...

Good for you for taking a break!

My heart and thoughts have been with you all weekend :-)

{{HUGS}}

lucy said...

christine - i so understand where you are right now. as you know, i had my own sense of the 'post dig doldrums' a couple of weeks ago. the great thing is this coming saturday, i get to go back out there and improve on the things that need a little sharpening and hopefully relish the playful times too.

for now, enjoy lillycat. feel what you need to feel. share what you want to share and know you continue to make the world a little brighter by your presence. xoxoxo

Karen D said...

your space is great, so colorful and I love that Cat painting, very cool! Enjoy the Berkshires it should be beautiful there this time of the year.

svasti said...

I LOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE your yogi cat painting, clearly Marcy's handiwork!

I kinda get the feeling you've got a little 'empty nest' syndrome going on! I mean, you've put a lot of love and nuturing into the creation of your workshop, you guys delivered and now the fruit of your work is out there in the world, doing its own thing, having impacts you won't necessarily see. But an impact it definitely has had!

Then there's the travel and the Animal Guilt. Gawd, I know all about that one.

But in order for you to continue your path and be happy, you need to do things that fuel you. That's how I see it.

So chill, and enjoy sitting still. And then enjoy Kripalu. :)

Jennifer Hugon said...

You deserve the rest! :) It was such a treat to hang and write with you, and I know where you are coming from. Such a fun day, but now it's over...

Oh... btw, my office/studio is orange too. After you talked about the color and chakra, it clicked for me why I love the color in here so much! :)

Bluesilk said...

I like the room/area too and I've never heard of a pumpkin latte but sounds interesting x