Thursday, October 8, 2009

And It Just Keeps Gettin' Better

You know how nervous I was about this YogaDance teacher training, and I think many of you know me well enough by now to know that I was excited laced with an ample serving of trepidation and topped with a dollop of skepticism.

By Sunday night, though, all of that was just gone, and by Monday, I wouldn't have believed you if you had told me that I had felt all of those things.

Then Tuesday came and Blew. Me. Away.

And I thought to myself, "If that was the pinnacle of this experience, that is just plenty for this Chick. I will go home happy and energized and inspired and ready for more."

And then today happened (Wednesday).

It was such a powerful and transformational day that I'm not ready to write about it for fear that it will come across as pure hyperbole. And it wouldn't be...think Fantastic times about a million.

Not exaggerating. Simply not.

But I need time to process all of this, to really take it in, to really understand it.

My God. What might tomorrow bring!?

Question for you: Have you ever experienced a true epiphany? An instantaneous awakening of any kind?

8 comments:

Emma said...

That's a lot of fantastic! =) Wonderful!

tinkerbell the bipolar faerie said...

Yes. Just before my 40th birthday. It was profound. Very profound. And it just seemed to come out of nowhere. How surreal.

cypress sun said...

Yes...! Breathe it in and enjoy the ride!

Linda-Sama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda-Sama said...

revel in it, christine.

yes to your question. when I went to India, alone, at the age of 51, having never been overseas in my life. When my foot hit Indian soil it was instantaneous and primal, a jolt up my spine: I knew I had come home.

When I walked out of the airport at 2 am into the warm, damp, Chennai air that smelled like green and diesel fuel, air that hit me in the face like a wet towel, I felt like an animal who had only been given a taste of the outdoors, one who had always sniffed the air from just inside the confines of the house.

I stood outside the airport, amazed, and drank it all in -- the sounds, the smells, the cows slowly walking the street, the beggars sleeping in the gutters....and I knew I was home and would be forever changed.

I have broken down in certain temples because the shakti has been so profound and potent, because I knew I had been in these places before. I was home.

there has not been one single day since 2005 that I have not thought about Ma India and I count the days until I am in her arms again.

revel in it, christine.

Girlie-Queue said...

So powerfully glad for you to have this realization :) You will be an amazing teacher.

Truly I to have had this experience. It was rather instant, one moment I was sitting wallowing in my "I'll never be good enough" and all of a sudden, I was on the other side of the glass, looking through and back, realizing not only had I overcome that thought pattern, but I was so far beyond that place physically and emotionally and had been for quite some time that I burst out in laughter. I laughed to realize the physical sensation as I stepped fully into my wise-woman's sage body, all the while looking back on the tiny, knees-clenched to her chest, rocking figure that had been my awareness - my teenage, timid, adolescent self for so long, longer than it should have been. I should probably sit and write that out more fully on my own, but thank you for bringing it up. It was such a huge moment in my life, but I don't think I have ever shared it with anyone. As Tink said "Surreal."

Naturally Jules said...

I'm just thrilled to see that you're having such a transformation! Cannot wait to hear about your week!

Heather Plett said...

Perhaps this is the trapeze appearing? Can't wait to hear about it!

Yes, epiphanies have shown up in rare moments. One that I remember was in Ethiopia while staring at an abandoned tank from bygone conflict.