Friday, October 9, 2009

The Day Made of Molasses

Molasses is thick and sticky, and today, after so many intense days of hour after hour of dancing and so much to learn and so much emotional content to process, this day (Thursday) felt pretty much like Molasses.

My energy level was low, and my brain felt turned off. I was certainly not alone.

Molasses is sweet and nutritious, and this day was that also.

Friday is our last day of training, and I know it's going to be hard to say good bye to this amazing group of women -- regardless of the fact that most of us will be returning to Kripalu at the beginning of December for part two of YogaDance Teacher Training.

For next week, I have some amazing guest bloggers lined up and ready to share their wisdom with you!

This Chick? She will be sleeping...

3 comments:

Wild Roaming One (WRO) said...

I get that feeling of molasses...and how wise of you to know that you need some recoup time when you return. Looking forward to hearing more about it (and of course having my own thoughts inspired...)

Peace-full sleeping,
WRO

Heather Plett said...

Before leaving for Africa the first time, I participated in a workshop on intercultural relations. The facilitator had done a lot of work overseas in many different cultures and had worked with a lot of people doing the same. He said that no matter where people go and no matter for how long they go, it always seems that they hit a bit of a low just past the mid-point of the journey. Whenever I travel now, I always prepare for that low to hit. It's easier to get past it if you prepare for it.

Elise said...

can't wait for next week !

In the meantime, have a fab weekend