Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tasting Possibility


While at Kripalu, I stayed in a dorm room with 6 other women, and only one of those women was not also in the YogaDance teacher training. She remarked toward the end of our week there that our daily schedule seemed more like boot camp than was typical of Kripalu.

We all laughed. It was a bit like that, but we loved it.

Each day, we started at 6:30 AM with an hour and a half of yoga. Our days didn't "end" until 9 PM (and I put end in quotes because then there was reading and I would blog and journal, etc.).

All day long, we were moving and sweating. Our teacher training was experiential -- learn by doing. Not much sitting on our duffs and talking.

I don't think I have ever felt so good in my life. The week was difficult and there were times when I didn't think I could dance one more minute, and yet from somewhere, the energy kept coming.

All of my trigger point areas in my back were just gone. No pain anywhere. (Besides a little of the muscle aching variety!) I was flexible first thing in the morning. My brain was clear. I was focused.

I have been home just over two weeks, and I am desperate to get this back.

I know that there are massive differences between my time at Kripalu and my home life. Obviously. I love my home life. And balance is important.

But I felt so damn fantastic! I don't think that feeling that good, that focused, that directed is a bad goal.

Today, I tried some kundalini yoga for my morning wake up call. It didn't work. This surprised me; I am a kundalini yoga girl, for goodness sake. What the?!

Every day, I experiment a wee bit more; I tweak; I consider; I play.

Perhaps by the time I am scheduled to return to Kripalu at the beginning of December, I'll have gotten into a rhythm. Just in time to get it out of wack again! ha!

(Text & Photo Copyright: Christine C. Reed, blisschick.net, 2009, Kripalu Front)

4 comments:

Marisa @ Getting Back To Basics said...

Glad you enjoyed the experience. Like most things, it is usually more fun to do as a group than alone. Hopefully with time and practice you will rekindle the joy you felt while training.

Marisa @ Getting Back To Basics said...

Glad you enjoyed the experience. Like most things, it is usually more fun to do as a group than alone. Hopefully with time and practice you will rekindle the joy you felt while training.

Marisa @ Getting Back To Basics said...

Sorry for the double post...guess I was "click happy."

JFKlaver said...

Ah! The paradox—Life. So glad you enjoyed your experience and are hungry for more; it's what makes life worthwhile.