Friday, November 20, 2009

41 is Just a Number


As I am writing this, I am listening to Pandora and the band that is playing? The Pimps of Joytime. I think that is just right.

I am 41 today, and yet, I have never felt younger, more alive, more vital, more excited.

Last year, when I turned 40, I was a bit traumatized. I wasn't quite sure what to make of this aging thing because I was not yet fully living.

Within a few months of my 40th, we lost a very special and dear friend, and shortly after, we went to the Wedding That Changed My Life, the wedding where my heart reached to the sky and blossomed like those cosmos in the picture above. The wedding where I danced and twirled back into my own body, back into my own essence, right back into my Purpose.

There are moments when I think, "What if I hadn't gone? What if I had canceled like I was tempted? What if the Sad we were feeling had stopped us from experiencing that moment?"

I can feel my heart flutter in my chest when I think like that, and I remind myself that there is no point to those thoughts, that I did go to the wedding, that I did get myself back, and I say a little prayer of thanks to the Universe for this Ultimate Gift of ReBirth.

So really, today is my ReBirthday. I am in my First Year of my Bliss Life.

If it sounds like a conversion experience to you, that's because it totally feels like one.

When I got back from Kripalu and my teacher training, I wrote that I didn't know if I could ever really express what happened there, and I still can't, but that's as close as words can get -- I was converted.

I was converted from Depressed to Happy. I was converted from Shadow to Real. I was converted from Sideline to Center Stage.

All of this had been happening inside of me already -- you know, like the phrase "overnight success." There really is no such thing. There is always this long and difficult path behind the overnight that you just don't see. The process had started for me years ago, but it was going away and Being Seen that acted as the Final and Necessary Alchemy.

From coal to Diamond -- in a Snap! A big, shiny Diamond of Hope, at that.

Anything is Possible.

30 comments:

Rachel said...

Christine you are an inspiration. Have a great birthday :) xx

Emma said...

Happy Birthday and Congratulations! :)

Eco Yogini said...

Happy First Birthday!!!!!! WOOO :)

differenceayearmakes said...

Happy Birthday !!! And may you dance the years away with joy and abandon!

I am so happy for you - a definate diamond year.

AnalieseMarie said...

Happy birthday! You deserve all the happiness in the world. It is truly an inspiration to hear about your blissful journey! xoxo.

Beyond 39 * said...

Happy Birthday, Christine! I just turned 40 last week, and I'm hoping my first year can be as great as yours!

Alisha said...

Happy ReBirthday! Many continued blessings.

Brooks Hall said...

Happy Bliss, baby! May your days, years, decades be great!

Lisa said...

Dearest Christine ~ It has been an honor and a blessing to watch your transformation over this past year. I am SO blessed to be a part of your Bliss-filled world!

Happy, Happy Birthday!!!

You are LOVED, ADMIRED, and APPRECIATED beyond measure.

And, YES, anything is possible :-D

jelly said...

have a wonderful birthday!!

i love being in my 40's, i feel more alive and happy now than i ever did!

:-)

Stefanie said...

Wishing you a completely blissful birthday.

Sulwyn said...

Have a wonderful birthday! Thank you for sharing your journey with us and for being your shiny, hopeful, joyful, honest self.

Kavindra said...

I heard from a Certain Little Rabbit it was your big day - Happy Birthday, celebrate big.

Forties are when we women seem to really come into our power. Go for it Wild Woman.

lotusmahal said...

Happy Birthday Christine! 41 is a beautiful number! Congrats on your big day - celebrate, laugh and love this year like never before!

Raine-Lee said...

Happy Birthday!!! Wishing you continued success and bliss for many more years to come!! :)

Rowena said...

Happy Diamond Life to you!

I myself didn't feel like doing celebrating on my birthday yesterday. I don't mind turning 39 I'm just busy with other things.

Carmen said...

Happy Birthday dear Christine!

Anonymous said...

I am a first time reader, how wonderful to have stumbled across your wonderful blog...I turn 41 tommorow, and as 40 was a major transitional year I expect nothing less from 41.....many blessing to you on your day.....thanks for doing what you do....

trinitymooon

Morgaine Pendragon said...

Happy Birthday Christine!

WrightStuff said...

Warmest birthday wishes to a special lady! Reading your incredible journey makes my trip to 40 next year seem much more paletable!

nomad said...

No Way!!!!
I am 42 today!!
Happy birthday, twin!

StorytellERdoc said...

Christine

Happy Birthday to you! Hope you get more cake for breakfast...great blog today.

StorytellERdoc said...

Hey C

Just saw your cake picture on Marcy's blog! Too too funny! I think the sparkle was catching your hair on fire! LOL

Happy Birthday again.

Graciel @ Evenstar Art said...

Happy Birthday, Gorgeous Soul!

xoxo

IrishPoet said...

Have a Healthy, Happy & Holy Birthday my yogini friend!

shoot I didn't really become fully (mostly?)conscious til about 49, with the help of consistent and committed Kundalini yoga practice along with the teachings of my guru Eckhart Tolle...and now that I'm 50 everything keeps expanding and opening up...definitely the 'golden' years for sure, for sure! (of course we all know here that women are more 'advanced' spiritually than men, plus I had a dense 'pain body'!)

so keep on dancin' and stretchin' and don't forget to BREATHE!!!

Claudia ;D said...

Happy Birthday! And thank you for your inspiring story.

Wild Roaming One (WRO) said...

Happy 41st birthday Christine, and Happy 1st Re-Birthday of your Bliss life!

In what feels like such a short time since I have been reading you (a yr?) I have been an awed witness to your re-membering of who you really are (since the wedding?)...and all your honest wirting about it here. I am so honored to have you as a blog neighbor...you inspire me, you put into words what i sometimes can't, you share your stumbles and successes with such humanity...you are SO a BlissChick.

Love and Light,
WRO xo

Jan said...

Celebrating you and the first year of your bliss life. I love that! May all the days ahead be joy-filled. And even if they are not, may you grow into them with ease. Birthday Blessings!

Jason, as himself said...

I love your outlook on life. I will be 41 in two months. Turning 40 was okay for me, but every year I wonder how I'll take the next birthday. Thanks for letting me know that it is no biggie. :)

Dorothy Rimson said...

First things first, Happy Birthday. Secondly, it's a really very nice post. One of the best I've ever read.