Sunday, November 29, 2009

MysticBliss: The Waiting Begins



Today, as many of you may know, is the first day of the Advent season, which is all about my favorite thing -- Waiting. (Yes. I am using sarcasm in a post about Advent...)

Seriously. I am not good at waiting. You know this if you've been reading here for more than, say, five seconds.

And yet...

Last year by creating some ritual around Advent, I found that the anticipation created a much more meaningful Christmas season.

And this year, I am finding that waiting is coming just a bit more naturally to me. For instance, I have no idea where this new Dance path is leading me and I am fine with that (most of the time).

One of the resources I used last year was this great site by the Church of England. It's wonderfully liberal and broad minded, just the sort of thing that I happen to think Christ would have appreciated! :)

If you celebrate this season, I ask you: What are you waiting to birth in your life?

10 comments:

Tess said...

But if you disdain the waiting, you don't enjoy the journey! I'm glad it's coming more naturally for you this year. What am I waiting to birth? Oh all kinds of things - sometimes it feels like my life is one long birth pang.

BTW, that photograph of you and kit is absolutely gorgeous, one of the best ever.

Linnea said...

Oh, good, a site for the hooker-loving hippie. I signed up for emails.

That photo of you and LillyCat = <3!

Christina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina said...

(edited for a typo)

Just read your blog and noticed this post too - we are very much alike...I must have found you after Christmas last year, so I am going to read through last December's archive to help me along my journey. I'm too intimidated by the "What are you waiting to birth" question. ((sigh)) I have much work to do, eh?

Tabitha@ichoosebliss said...

I just wish to live the life I know is meant for me. A charmed and peace-filled life. ☺

Ryhen Satch said...

I don't know what other people are waiting for, but to me, it's got to be the afterlife. I'm really excited to know what is waiting for me there. Just being honest. =)

Laura | The Journal of Cultural Conversation said...

Aah, waiting to birth. Interestingly enough, I just got back from Machu Picchu and really tried to connect back with incorporating some form of spirituality in my life. I had a lot of time for reflection - so this will hopefully be a time to "rebirth" that part of my life. Love the photo!

Sallie Ann said...

This Advent season will take a bit more work than usual as I am traveling from Dec. 3rd through January 4th. But, I have "favorited" this link and also have a lovely devotional just for Advent. As for what I'm waiting for? I just love New Year's day, and get so excited about all the promise of the new year..birthing new experiences, posibilities and creating memories.

Sheila said...

Your post addressing 'advent' is one that stirred recognition in me yesterday. I prefer to think of it not as 'waiting' but in my blog today view it instead as anticipation. http://studiolakeside.blogspot.com/2009/11/anticipation-monday-mornings-meditation.html

Grace said...

Thanks for sharing the link; I signed up!