Sunday, November 15, 2009

MysticBliss: Wild Woman Katharine Hepburn


You have to love that grumpy look on her face!

Why Katharine?

She wore pants and dared to understate the one thing her culture found most valuable -- her beauty. She loved whomever she wanted. And she lived how she wanted.

A few quotes:

If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.

If you always do what interests you,
at least one person is pleased.


Without discipline, there's no life at all.

Here's a great snippet of an interview with her later in life:


7 comments:

Wild Roaming One (WRO) said...

of course I know who Katherine Hepburn is, but clearly not beyond the silver screen. This interview is so honest...she sits with her legs open, she snorts and she laughs (all a no-no for real ladies), she reveals her own doubts about herself, and she does is all with her head out of the clouds and held high. Thanks for posting Christine, I'm apt to now search about the real KH now...what an inspiration!

Peace,
WRO

Jaliya said...

I adore Katharine Hepburn! She was *dynamite*.

"Adam's Rib" is one of my favourite old movies. Kate and Spencer ... ah, what a pair :-)

Sheila said...

Hepburn and Bogie in 'African Queen' - my all time fave of her films. Funny to me you describe her expression in that photo as grumpy...looks a little difiant to me.

Laura Hegfield said...

I love breaking rules...that's how creativity changes the world!!!

She was quite a woman!

Paper Squid said...

Such an honesty interview. She's wonderful. Thanks for posting.

Daisy said...

She is one of my favourite people!

Joy Pilgrim * said...

She's one of my absolute favorites. When I think of confidence, I think of Kate.