Monday, December 7, 2009

Dispatch from Kripalu: First Hours

It is Sunday late afternoon, and I am waiting for the dinner hour to start. (Yes, my tummy rules my life!) I am sitting in the cafe, and the setting sun is edging the Berkshire Mountains in a salmon color.

When I arrived earlier today, it was bright and blue and sunny, and I only felt a wee bit dirty compared to the last time -- when I thought I might need some sort of acid scrub.

I think the weather (and perhaps the decreased filth?) is a harbinger of good things to come.

I am unpacked in my shared room.

This moment is the breath before I spring off the tip of the diving board. This time, I have a clue as to water temperature and I know what the floor of the pool looks like, but every dive is different, is it not?

My first week of Kripalu YogaDance teacher training in October was so personally transformative that I am having a hard time envisioning my dive.

I am thinking the best approach is the one we all take naturally when we are smaller -- a canon ball.

No perfection necessary. Just pure joy at body meeting experience meeting water.

7 comments:

Eco Yogini said...

YES Canonball!!!! fantastic!

Claudia said...

i love the first day of retreats or trainings, such openness, enjoy!

Emma said...

=) I am imagining you jumping and yelling "CANNONNNNBALLLL!" Excellent.

JFKlaver said...

Now just relax—IN JOY!

Lisa said...

Glad to know you arrived safely!

Often times, when I was too afraid to dive, I would just close my eyes and jump!

However it goes, I know you will land safely and make a BIG SPLASH :-)

Jan said...

I love this metaphor, Christine. Now how about a swan dive, too. Sort of yoga like, with power, yet ease and grace. I hope you have a glory-us week at Kripulu. xo

Karen D said...

love the cannonball analogy - let go and have fun