Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dispatch from Kripalu: Jazz

I am sitting in the cafe at Kripalu after yet another long and wonderful day. We got a break from tonight's usual additional hours, and I was considering using this time to go to a Kirtan.

I thought about how healing and calming that could be. What a great use of my evening off.

Instead, I am sitting and listening to Jazz on my iPod, specifically this.

And that is exactly what I needed -- a little reminder of my home life.

(Any good thoughts, prayers, vibes, whatever that you can send regarding my travel on Friday would be greatly appreciated. The weather has been pretty nutty in my little home city.)

8 comments:

Marcy Hall said...

don't worry-- zoe and i have this weather under control!! <3

Laura Hegfield said...

Christine,
so glad you have found some time to sit and just listen to music and settle in to the moment. Good to know Marcy and Zoe are in control of the weather...it's like snow soup at my house-or maybe a white chocolate slurpy?

safe travels,
Laura

YogaforCynics said...

To me, jazz and yoga have always gone hand in hand...as I just finished my morning meditation, with Alice Coltrane playing in the background...and, in fact, that's why I'm saving your video for later, since watching it now would involve getting up and turning off the Thelonious Monk/John Coltrane I've got playing...

Claudia said...

Sending you good vibes for the trip!!! safe home

Eco Yogini said...

yep JAZZ is where it's at! :)

safety and rest your way!

Eco Yogini said...

hey I just watched the vid link- I have never heard of Jamie Cullan, but Andrew had- WEIRD and very very COOL.

StorytellERdoc said...

Be safe, C! Good energy is coming your way!

Analiese Marie said...

It's been a joy to hear about your adventures at Kripalu. Sending you safe travel vibes!