Thursday, December 24, 2009

Light


The light is slowly coming back, our days lengthening minute by minute as we make our way through this Winter season in the Northern Hemisphere.

And yet...

It is this external darkness that can nurture an inner light through hibernation and contemplation.

It is the darkness of the womb that brings forth new life.

This time of year was a perfect choice for the Christmas holiday.

As we approach Midnight this Christmas Eve, what light resides deep within your heart and soul? What light do you radiate? What light is your inner candle, leading your out of darkness?

Some of my favorite quotes about light:

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.

~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

The hero is the one who kindles a great light in the world, who sets up blazing torches in the dark streets of life for men to see by. The saint is the man who walks through the dark paths of the world, himself a light.

~Felix Adler

When you possess light within, you see it externally.

~Anaïs Nin

Someday perhaps the inner light will shine forth from us, and then we'll need no other light.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

9 comments:

Eco Yogini said...

Happy Yule and Merry Christmas Christine!!!

May your Light continue to shine as brightly :)

Lisa

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I like that Adler quotation -- never seen it before. (Of course, the others are good too!)

Tess said...

Blessings of blissy light to you and Marcie.

Laura Hegfield said...

shine on christine! Lovely post.

brightest blessings,
Laura

Bethany said...

Thank you for this post, your writing, reminder, and the quotes. My therapist just said to me, there is this huge mega watt light shining inside you and you have your back to it. You are scared to death of it and for most of your life have done everything you can possibly do to hide away.
Time to turn toward my own light.
Thanks for yours.

tinkerbell the bipolar faerie said...

Someone told me once, 'the light is where you walk.' And I cherished the thought. Oh, but I have surely not felt like this, at all. But, yes, finally the light is slowly returning.

I wish you a blessed holiday season.

TheChicGeek said...

Christine, I came to wish you a super wonderful Christmas filled with love and everything delightful! It has been wonderful to get to know you this year and read your always fabulous posts!
Hugs, Love and Light!
Merry Christmas,
Kelly

Jean said...

Merry Merry! and a Safe New Year!

I love your blog. Thank you for being brave and choosing bliss. I am inspired by you and come here often. I don't comment much, but I hold you in my thoughts.

Thank you for the gifts you share with us.

holly said...

I LOVE these questions blisschick:
"What light resides deep within your heart and soul? What light do you radiate? What light is your inner candle, leading your out of darkness?"

And i adore this quote so much, its beautiful - "When you posess light within, you see it externally - anis nin"......wow, wow, wow!!!!!!