Monday, December 21, 2009

Returning


This photo was taken the day I arrived in Lenox, Massachusetts, as I awaited the shuttle to take me to Kripalu for my second and final week of YogaDance teacher training.

I have been home now for a little over a week, and I am so thankful for all the guest bloggers who covered this space with their wisdom and joy while I took much needed time to integrate my experience.

Two days after my return, we got a new kitten, as you know, which brought so much energy to this house.

Much needed playful energy, as I was having a difficult few days.

YogaDance is a system of healing movement that works with the chakras (for posts about the chakras go here), so the teacher training is intensely emotional.

The more you work with these energy centers, the deeper into your "stuff" you go.

This past week, I felt like I got to my bedrock -- that place where the oldest, most ingrained belief systems have sat and solidified.

The chakra work acted like a giant drill, breaking up all the crap, sending tiny shards of self-hatred toward my heart to be melted by my new understanding and this wondrously deep love of life that dance has grown within me.

I will write more about this, of course, over the coming weeks. For now, I am mending.

12 comments:

Melita said...

what a gorgeous pic! love chakra work. you are right, the deeper you go the more stuff you run into BUT the more stuff you clear out and the better you feel. sending you healing love & hugs!! happy holidays!

Tess said...

Mend away! I love the image of the tiny shards being zapped by your new-found warmth.

Brandi Reynolds said...

it sounds amazing and I can't waith to hear more!

darrah said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about your recent trip...when the time is right.

megg said...

Wow. That sounds really interesting. I am just teetering on the edge of body work (have recently realized that my body and I are not really on speaking terms!) - and think that dance might be just the thing to crack me open. I'm intrigued to hear more!

P.S. Glad to have you back!

Laura Hegfield said...

I can so relate to this...I'm half way through Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy training...also intensely opening: cellular memories awakened...but it's so good once the release is over and we reintegrate in a healthy way!

Happy Holidays...enjoy that kitten!
Laura

Terra said...

Speaking of chakras, I just came across something in another blog and wanted to ask you- since you do so much work with chakras in your YogaDance :) Do you think animals have chakras?

svasti said...

Rest up well! You've worked hard, gone deep and now you need to recalibrate. Take all the time you need, and of course... all the kitten hugs you need too ;)

Jeanne Klaver said...

Awareness is amazing. Sometimes I feel like I'm going backward, but then I remember that I'm just becoming aware...and am healing. Bless you.

Lisa said...

Oh, so glad to hear you are mending!

"The chakra work acted like a giant drill, breaking up all the crap, sending tiny shards of self-hatred toward my heart to be melted by my new understanding and this wondrously deep love of life that dance has grown within me."

I honor this process within you and celebrate your new love of life!

Great photo too!

{{Happy Solstice}}

claire bangasser said...

Welcome back, Christine. Take back of yourself. Looking forward to reading your coming blogs.
Blessings.

Bohemian Single Mom said...

Oh wow, I've always been fascinated by chakra healing and unblocking and all that stuff :).

Sounds like you've had quite the workout, o pleased you're back and can't wait to visit here on a daily basis (one of my new years resolutions), for postivity, healing insights and your always inspiring writings.
Happy Yule Chica!!!