Thursday, January 28, 2010

Following the Bread Crumbs


When I got home from YogaDance teacher training at the beginning of December, I made a couple of Big Decisions.

First, I decided that there was No Way I would even start to pursue the possibility of teaching and where and how and all of that until about April. I needed time, I told Marcy, to hone my craft, to get in better shape, to...to...whatever. I came up with lots of reasons for this timing.

Second, I decided that I was completely and utterly confused about my entire life.

It had changed rapidly in less than six months, and though I was positive that I had finally found my original essence and that I had, once and for all, pretty much defeated depression because of this (and I am being serious right there, but just right there), though I knew those two things, I knew Nothing Else.

Nothing. Else.

I mean, now that I had found my Dancer self again, what next? What training should I go to next? Should I go back to college? Who would have me?!

On and on went the Diva's dramas.

Marcy told me, "Just do the next one thing that catches your fancy."

Marissa from my training said, "Just do the next thing...follow the bread crumbs."

Sure. Easy for them to say! They did not know the stress of all this change or the worries or the, the, the, well, they just had no clue what they were talking about.

But, of course, they did.

I signed up for ballroom dance. It caught my fancy. It had years ago, really, and we now had a friend I could go with, with whom I felt comfortable.

It turned out the ballroom dance class was in a Dance Studio. Imagine that!

I got a brilliant, bright idea (self mockery is fun after the fact): I could talk to the studio owner about renting some practice space so I would have more room to do my own thing. I needed to be able to expand and explore movement...for myself.

I went to class.

The studio owner said, "You've danced before...obviously."

The next thing I knew I was yakking away about YogaDance and how I was a certified teacher.

"Let's talk!" She said.

As if it were that easy, said my Diva, it simply cannot be this easy.

But it was and it is and here I am, showing you my poster for my first public classes that will begin on March 4th -- an auspicious day since it is the day before Marcy's birthday.

What I am learning about loving your life and trusting in the process is that things happen and things turn out and picking up one bread crumb just naturally leads to the next.
(If you click on the poster, it should get HUGE and very readable!)

26 comments:

Rachel said...

Serendipity my friend!

That is exactly how it worked out for me when I was teaching yoga. It just.... happened through a series of mad coincdences.

And it's exactly how it is happening now with all the signs for taking a break from teaching and working on my writing.

It's jut about learning to spot the breadcrumbs in the first place I think :D

Yay for you though. I wish I lived nearer and I would definitely come!

Ruby said...

Wow, you're getting there so fast! Fantastic!!! I also wish I could join your class (but I would have to fly...). Ah, I truly wish. I'm deeply impressed by you! You are one of a kind!

sweetmango said...

Beyond happy for you Christine, in fact I think what Im feeling is BLISS!!
Enjoy this experience for all the gifts that it brings you.
Really wonderful news
:)
xxm

Lori-Lyn said...

Beautiful! Beautiful!
I'm so thrilled for you.
And I wish I was there so I could come take this class!

differenceayearmakes said...

WONDERFUL, absolutely wonderful !

You may not have had a clue where this was leading, but there were some of us who knew it would only be a matter of time.....

till you spread those wings and FLEW!

Wishing you much success and a lot of fun.

WrightStuff said...

Yay! You're following your dream and it's all happening. Don't be scared (just hang on tight!).
Makes me feel really positive reading this and sharing the journey with you.

Kiki said...

That's fantastic! I love the way this whole journey is playing out!

How does it feel to be living proof that we can, indeed, do what we are passionate about and makes us happy?

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You know what? When something is meant to be, it IS that easy! Congratulations! I know your class will be a big, fun success!

Amy said...

So happy for you!

Angela Raincatcher said...

This is both awesome and humbling, and I am so very happy for you!

Brooks Hall said...

Congratulations! How wonderful! And how perfect!

onasilentsea said...

congratulations! so excited for you!

i think i need to listen to that advice too. . .

Raine-Lee said...

Awesome! Congratulations! I wish I lived in your area so I could attend your class. I bet it will be so much fun! :)

Bethany said...

oh gosh, WOW! Congrats. This just gave me goosebumps and got me teary.
I love watching you trust the universe and flow.
I want to try too!

Bethany said...

PS The poster is fantastic.
I want to come and I don't dance OR do yoga!

Linda said...

Ok, you made me cry. This is all quite, quite wonder-full.

Em said...

Is it wrong to wish you were in Northampton? How wonderful. How perfect. Congratulations!

Wild Roaming One (WRO) said...

I'm so thrilled for you Christine! It's hard for us diva's to let go of the drama long enough to let in destiny instead. Thank the heavens that despite your doubts, the big planner up there went ahead with his/er own! Of course you'll keep us posted...:-)

Peace & Glee,
WRO

Roseanne said...

Congratulations! You're an inspiration for us all!

belladawn said...

This is wonderful! Congratulations!

StorytellERdoc said...

Hurray! Honest and poignant post, Christine, filled with great news!

claire said...

This is very exciting, Christine. I am so very glad for you.
It is also so difficult in a way to imagine you depressed because you radiate light and energy...
Thank you for sharing all this with us -- and inspiring me.

Kifness said...

So very, very, very true. I keep reminding myself - just keep taking that ONE step. Just ONE.

You WILL get there, I tell myself.

Thanks for being such a great inspirtation!!

AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!

lucy said...

BRAVO!! i just had a similar experience today... i planted a few seeds somewhere along the way. today i tilled the soil, and the blooms should be popping up with the coming of spring.

Svasti said...

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to comment on this. But I just wanted to add to the chorus of voices offering you a hearty congratulations on this brave next step!

It's fabulous. And I LOVE your poster :)

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.