Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Visitations of the Home Grown Variety


(Some wall painting that Marcy did in our kitchen recently.)

I woke up, after a night of intense and anxiety-ridden dreams, feeling a bit uninspired, so I thought a photo containing an Our Lady of Guadalupe -- who is in my banner, after all -- could only be helpful.

I am surprised by this lack of inspiration today.

I have a table full of ideas that are awaiting me.

I have a fun lunch meeting today and will be scheduling more meetings that will be fruitful in terms of getting YogaDance going here in my hometown.

I had ballroom dance class last night, for goodness sake!

I should be floating.

I should be on fire!

Oh, the dreaded "should."

Here's what I (and all of us) have to remember: Happiness is not some permanent 24/7 State of Giddy. It's more of a marriage than a first date, ya know? And even great marriages have peaks and valleys. What makes the marriage great is the two people's abilities to recognize these as cycles, rather than see them as Harbingers of Doom.

Marriage takes loyalty, determination, faithfulness, patience. You know that list of stuff that usually gets read at weddings. It's true.

Finding your own happiness is the same. It's not perfect. It takes work.

I didn't feel like writing today, but I show up to the page and something happens.

I don't feel like dancing either, but I will and something will happen there, too.

I show up.

Some days, that, all by itself, is the Miracle. Of the Guadalupe sort.


10 comments:

Michele Fischer said...

Well said! I too am feeling a sort of uninspriedness :) today but you are right, we work we try and we shall find our bliss! I love your blog-sending you lots of light today since you send so much to your readers each day.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wasn't it Woody Allen who said that 80% of success is showing up? Goes for life, too, I guess!

Wild Roaming One (WRO) said...

Showing up is half the battle for me I find...not that something miraculous always happens afterwards...just a little self-pride that I made it thus far.

Thx for the inspirations Christines...thx for showing up to help us show up too...

Peace & Glee,
WRO

Sulwyn said...

You say it so well... as I sit here watching the next storm move in and listening to the wind howling I am quite uninspired to do anything on my list. Just showing up is, indeed, that divine sort of miracle today!

Jeanne Klaver said...

Yep. We've gotta' show up, but sometimes that's the hardest part. Love the painting!

Rochelle said...

I'm here - but I haven't really showed up yet today -- I will tho', I will....thanks :)

Rowena said...

Yes. Sometimes in the showing up. Sometimes in the waiting. It's all part of the process, I'm thinking. Trust the process.

Laura Hegfield said...

such a familiar feeling Christine...somedays I am filled with clear ideas, other days are a bit of a ramble on the page...but showing up always means I'm half way there (here)...Good for you, here's to showing up!

claire bangasser said...

Good post. Authentic. Lovable.
Love Marcy's painting of the Virgin of Guadalupe :-)
Thank you for showing up.

Jan said...

Christine,
I am glad you are a Guadalupe gal. I first learned of "her" in the 90s by sitting at the feet of Clarissa Pinkola Estes. She told us wonderful stories about the Guadalupe. CPE is very dedicated to her and has several shrines scattered on the grounds of her ranch. I love it when she called the Guadalupe "the gangleader in heaven." She said, "This woman gets things done!" May she continue to inspire and guide you. xo