Sunday, February 21, 2010

Embodiment This Week: Ending February 21st


(A new favorite place locally.)

This week, I learned something really simple and yet totally profound.

I had some challenges; I felt confused; I wondered what next, how, why...it's been a week of questioning, to say the least.

Yet each challenge, each confusion, each question has been dealt with...dare I say..."gracefully." No major temper tantrums (notice, I qualified with "major"), no serious downturns.

Each time, I have gotten up, turned on music, and danced.

I have followed my Bliss Path.

I did not notice I was doing this until the end of the week, when I did it for, perhaps, the 4th time. I felt angry. Healthy angry. Appropriate angry, for sure, but I wanted to ride it out, so I tried yoga first, but it wasn't working, and I realized, "What am I doing?!" I literally threw the mat aside and turned on really loud music.

I held the anger in me and then I sweat it out.

Just as earlier in the week, I had gently held some questions in my body and then danced out the answers, rushing to paper and pen and back to dancing and all over again.

It is amazing how easy and fun this living thing can be when you are doing your thing.

((Happy Sigh))


3 comments:

Megan Potter said...

"I had gently held some questions in my body and then danced out the answers, rushing to paper and pen and back to dancing and all over again."

Love this idea! I'm totally stealing it. :)

connie said...

I absolutely love this idea. It is so beautiful.
It can be really hard to allow yourself to feel and express 'negative' emotions in a safe way. So often we just suppress them! All emotion is just energy, and you have found a wonderful way to allow that energy to release.

I am stealing this one too :)

Connie

Tess said...

Ah, so glad to hear you were able to sigh a happy sigh at the end of the week. Bliss...