Sunday, March 14, 2010

Embodiment This Week: Ending March 14th


That is a picture of the altar end of my friend Julie's Dharma Yoga studio, where I taught an explosively fun and personally transformative yogadance class this past Saturday.

I've been teaching a very tiny class at a local dance studio (and believe that that will keep growing). Teaching small classes takes much more energy. I was starting to think that teaching, perhaps, was not my thing.

Which is fine. I have lots going on. Books to write. More dancing to study.

Then I taught a larger class on Saturday, and wow! I probably got more than I gave. The energy exchange was amazing, and I can't wait to do it again.

As much as I try to be a witness for the people around me as I teach, I felt very witnessed in return. I am thankful for this life, these people, this space...all the love and the beauty and the shiny.

I am thankful. I am ecstatic. I am totally in love with this.

Like I said to Marcy after my first ballroom dance class, "My life is FUN now!"

Who would have thought?...

5 comments:

Eco Yogini said...

yay!!! what a fantastic experience. :)

StorytellERdoc said...

Congrats to you, C, and glad to hear that all is going well!
J

Susan said...

Congrats Christine! What a wonderful place to be and to be you!

Jan said...

This studio looks amazing and I am so glad to hear that you were in bliss - giving AND receiving - in such a lovely soulful setting. I am sure that you are a very gifted teacher. The trick is always to find the balance (as you well know) between being and doing...

I;m thinking of you right now as I am listening to Diane Arkenstone sing her version of "Om Shanti Om." Have you heard it? It's stunning, and I could see you leading a dance class with this....Very conducive to movement...xo

belladawn said...

GREAT FOR YOU!