Friday, March 12, 2010

Setting Your Bliss Free


(Me, a grouchy Lilly, a disinterested Toby, and lots of limbs)

If you've still not seen the new banner here on blisschick, click out of the reader or your email and come directly to the site.

There are a couple of things in the new banner I want to talk about.

First, when you get to blisschick, it's much more obvious what this chick's bliss is -- dance.

Yet this is not a "dance blog." It's a blog about following your bliss path, staying true to your essence, and making choices every day that are brave and big and beautiful and bright.

My dance is just an example. You can cross out the word dance and put in whatever it is that calls to you -- photography, baking, accounting. Whatever.

Second, there's a new tag line here: It's never too late to embody your bliss.

Blisschick has always been a lot about stopping the excuses and embracing the life you want. But now, I'm here to tell you that you can do this whenever. There is no expiration date. I'm sure each of you can come up with an example of someone who did something that we would normally consider them too old to do.

There have been plenty of moments when I've wondered what the heck I think I'm doing -- dancing at 40!?!? Haven't I already missed my chance?

The answer, I've decided, is no. I've come back to dance at this age, after all my experiences, for a reason, and I may not know what that is right at this moment, but if I am brave and make the choices and stay committed, each day on this path, I will come closer to knowing.

And that is enough to propel me forward.

What bliss are you holding inside? When will you decide to set it free? When will you choose to be brave?

5 comments:

Rachel @ Suburban Yogini said...

This is so exactly what I need to hear today. Thanks love :)

~Barb~ said...

Awesome! Thank you so much for this today...I needed it. We all need encouragement and that little bit of inspiring reminder that YES, we can do whatever it is we dream of and it's never too late. Thanks!
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Lisa said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new banner!!!!

Thanks for this awesome reminder and encouraging post.

I working diligently at honing in on my bliss!

Bethany said...

love the new banner and tag line.
love your words today and the hanging kitties and your sweet hiding face.

belladawn said...

I choose to be brave every day. I was inspired by an article that said to improve your overall happiness, "try something you fear everyday." No matter how small, I do something I fear everyday. Even if that thing is just telling someone how I feel.

;)