Friday, April 16, 2010

Blisschick is Two & Not So Terrible


(One of my favorite tulips.)

Last night, I awoke in the middle of the night and realized, "Crap! Today was my blog's 2nd anniversary!"

Yep. I've been writing Blisschick since April 15th, 2008.

What I find most startling about that first post is that at the end of it, I ask this question:

When was the last time you turned the music up really loud and danced in your living room until you sweat?

When I wrote that, I couldn't have told you the last time I had done this very thing. When I wrote that, I thought I was just...writing. You know, asking other people questions to get them thinking.

I snort at myself as I write this now.

If I were a novel, can we say "foreshadowing?"

I'm not a novel, but I do believe I am a slice of something huge and divine and that when I was born, "dancer" was stamped on my heart and soul.

Dancer...dancer...dancer...

Through all the depression and the anxiety and the not really wanting to live, that word kept being whispered inside of me.

One day, I was finally able to hear.

I think of all the things that could have happened. I think of the chain of events that gave me my life back and I shudder at the fragility of it all.

This blog, that post, that question...they have all been links in that chain. As have all the amazing relationships I have had the privilege to experience because of this "virtual" world of ideas and imagination and possibility and belief.

Thank you.

12 comments:

Laura Hegfield said...

:) congratulations in so many ways!

Brooks Hall said...

Congratulations, Christine!

Yesterday, I tweeted a "hug". And today I included Amma, the hugging saint in a post... I only caught the coincidence after it was all done, too! However a hug was strong in my experience yesterday, so maybe I am just walking in a ring of hugging consciousness, which I like. I love hugs.

Sending a comment-hug! Be well. You are doing so great!

Lisa (Mommy Mystic) said...

Thank YOU and congratulations. I feel very much the same - that blogging has become part of this much bigger web of my life and path than I ever imagined, in subtler ways than I ever imagined (not just in 'social networking' terms, etc.)

I love the 'foreshadowing', this has made me think about my own first post too...

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Happy Blogoversary!

Catholic Chicks said...

Congratulations...I'm off to go dance!!

svasti said...

Congratulations on your 2nd blog-birthday! No, it doesn't surprise me at all that you wrote that - it was almost as if your inner self was waving a flag in hopes that you'd notice. :)

And eventually you did! One of the wonderful things about your blog is that the entire journey to-date of you figuring out what you are and had to do, it's captured here. So that makes this space very precious.

I hope you're having a wonderful celebration to mark this anniversary date!!

Lisa said...

Amazing!

SO glad to be a part of and witness to your journey, dear BlissChick!

Happy Blog Birthday :)

Emma said...

Foreshadowing, indeed! =D

Happy Blog Anniversary!

WrightStuff said...

Happy Anniversary! Here's to much dancing around the kitchen to loud music. I wrote myself this week about how blogging was the catalyst to change my life - opening up my creativity and this huge tribe of wonderful supportive women. It's always so uplifting to read your posts - keep up the good work.

Em said...

Happy Blogoversary! (Yup, I'm copying Debra. Because she is clever.)

Dovelily said...

Happy Bloggy Birthday!

Jenn said...

Congratulations, Blisschick ;) and what a lovely blog you do have! I think it is so neat how we say things that come back to us in so many folds! ;) a perfect gift, but without such an atmosphere to start and to share from, it is hard to celebrate the homecoming. So happy to be here and celebrate with you! I am learning more what it means for me to 'dance with my life' also! big hugs, Jenn