Monday, April 26, 2010

Meditation Monday: Challenging Your Self


I do not try to dance better than anyone else.
I only try to dance better than myself.
--Mikhail Baryshnikov

On Mondays, I have decided to post a meditation. It may be about dance, it may not. The underlying theme will always be about fully embodying your Best Life, your Bliss.

That subtitle at the top -- It's never too late to embody your bliss -- I believe that with all my heart and soul, and I believe that it's true for every single human being on this planet, whether they have fifty years or fifty breaths left to live on this physical plane.

No matter what you've come from, I believe it to be true for you.

No matter where you dream of going, I believe it to be true for you.

But the other thing I believe is that you have to work for it -- sometimes very hard and for a very long time.

Thus today's quote.

Nothing matters but the challenge you set for yourself. Nothing matters but that you show up.

4 comments:

BALLET NEWS said...

Completely true. Loved it. Thank you. Have a lovely week.

Lisa said...

"The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things."

~Rilke

Sue said...

Thank you for the reminder

claire said...

I like your Baryshnikov's quote. I also like this one by Billie Jean King, For me, losing a tennis match isn't failure, it's research.