Friday, May 21, 2010

Seeking Guides in A Pathless Land


Truth is a pathless land, said Krishnamurti, meaning, of course, that we each are left to find our own way.

Yet I still think there is much to be said for looking to guides. Anyone can teach us a bit about our own truth if we are open and listening.

This week, while I've been retreating, I've been looking to Isadora Duncan and other dancers who blazed trails before me. She was quite the rebel, actually.

And I am looking to Shakti...


...and Kali for some help.


In other traditions, you may look to Morrigan or Joan of Arc.

Yes. Strong women not afraid of a little blood and gore. Not afraid to cut down some of that jungle as they work their way through it. That's what I need -- some of that fierceness.



7 comments:

Linnea said...

I relate to this. Eris likes to show up when I'm suppressing the stronger parts of my personality. If I ignore her, she throws a golden apple into my life to get my attention. ;-)

Linda-Sama said...

christine, you need to read my post from yesterday about the Yogini Cult in India...watch the video I posted...

Christine Claire Reed said...

Oh, Linda, I DID read that post...but I did not watch the video...I will get right on that! :)

Kristina said...

A good reminder for me this morning to be open and listening to the guides that appear...I've been feeling very "path-less" lately and needed to be reminded that the path will appear but I also need to remember my fierceness in pursuit of it...always great to read your posts, Christine - thank you!

Lori-Lyn said...

Yeah. I've been working with Kali lately, too. Seems just the right energy for right now.

Victoria said...

I just found your blog - and I'm so glad I did! It was a good reminder for me, just when I needed it! I love (and agree) with what you said about fierceness. Kali would be an appropriate guide to work with too - so would Lilith.

Blessings,
V.

Christine & Brian Kasaboski said...

We also believe that if you live with your eyes and ears open there is guidance coming from all places, like songs, strangers and often the closest people to you, you just have to slow down and pay attention. Beautiful and simple good writing.