Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Something So Small...

Sorry...I keep making titles that are song lyrics.

The hair is CUT.

This seems so trivial to me, but this new hair has a story to tell, ya know?  It's a story of my commitment to dancing and it's a story of my confidence in myself and it's a story about my ideas of beauty.

I thought I might kinda like this new hair, but LOVE is not a strong enough word.  I FEEL like this hair is ME.  Who knew?!?!

Two views for those of you who aren't on Facebook.  First one without glasses and then one with.

(Oh!  And I got this done by the Amazing Dawna with some advice from the Amazing Judy at Studio Hue, a local place that uses all good/clean products and donates all cut hair to oil spill pick-up mats.)


18 comments:

Emma said...

I think you look great! :)

Megan Matthieson said...

LOVE IT!!

daisies said...

soooo wonderfully fabulous!!

Connie said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!! You look like YOU--the YOU that can't be put into words YOU!

Christine Claire Reed said...

Connie! I know -- weird. Like I said, WHO KNEW!!!?!? :)

tinkerbell the bipolar faerie said...

It looks awesome, grrrrl. A radical change in one's own hairstyle is never small. Hair seems like such a minor thing ... but it can mean so much more to us, can't it? Think Samson.

x

Linnea said...

Beautiful! It looks as great as I thought it would!

The Other Laura said...

Gorgeous! I love it - and I'm glad You love it!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Very cute! And it must be gratifying to know that your hair is doing its bit for the Gulf Oil spill.

Melita said...

looks fabulous darling! ps i keep meaning to tell you that i took yoga teacher training in pittsburgh last week with katie from the heliotropes :) such a small world. hugs!!

Jennifer Hayes Hugon said...

LOVE IT! I felt the same way when I went super short... it's liberating.

Lisa said...

OMG!!!!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it too!!!!

I was sending you good hair-cut energy all day.

And now I'm doin' the happy dance for you!!!

YAY :-D

differenceayearmakes said...

Absolutely beautiful !

and functional.

Anonymous said...

I like your blog !!Thank you. They are really great .
do not miss my goods , they are very beautiful !!
Fashion watches
Discount watches
Antique pocket watches
Engraved pocket watches
pocket watch

Susann said...

Holy catnip, Batman! It's absolutely fabulous -- so cool in so many ways! Terrific look!

Jei said...

LOVE the hair cut! Gorgeous and inspiring!

Ingrid said...

oh, it's amazing ~ you look just beautiful!

leah creates said...

You look so amazing!!!! I wish I could find a hairstyle that flatters me like this does you! Totally gorgeous.