Thursday, June 17, 2010

What My Days Look Like Right Now


My days right now are cut up into two hour chunks.  At least every two hours, I am checking on, feeding, petting, doing whatever needs to be done for our sweet Scottie the Elder Cat.

This leaves little room in my brain for much else.

We are privileged to do this work.  We do it out of Love.  We are lucky I am home so much and we are able to provide this care.

He is happy and comfortable.  That is all that matters.

Somehow, in the midst of this, I am still managing to dance a bit.  And while I dance (and afterward), everything is perfect and as it should be.

I am so thankful for this path.

5 comments:

G said...

What a wonderful thing you are doing for your cat. You described it so beautifully in your other post. Being around animals and people that I love while they are in the dying process has been some of the most beautiful, hard, and memorable moments of my life. You and your sweet cat are in my thoughts and prayers.

cocosparkle said...

I am sending a huge hug to you and Scottie.

Jan said...

Dearest Christine,
Being with dying is one of the highest callings. I hope you know that. (aka Roshi Joan Halifax and Upaya...) Your dedication is so beautiful to read...May your days of care and letting go be blessed. xo

Meghan (Making Love In The Kitchen) said...

THANK YOU!!!

sweetmango said...

Thinking of you all as you all transition.
Copious amounts of love and comfort to Scottie and for both you and Marcy.
xxme