Monday, July 12, 2010

Introducing the WarriorChick Award!

I am having some major breakthroughs right now and that comes with a lot of hard work and exhaustion.

I am having a difficult time discerning how to write about it all, and that got me to thinking about blogging women whom I admire for their courage and tenacity and their willingness to share their journey though that sharing comes with a certain level of nakedness, which is just, like, another layer of scary.

To honor these women, I have devised the following award:


(The image is free for the taking.)

Now, I am going to name some recipients, and I would love for them to pass this along because there is no way one of us could name all the people who are so deserving of the title WarriorChick.  (Even if I don't name you and you know of people who deserve this, please play along!)

There is no question that needs to be answered or list that needs to be made by the recipient.  Their writing is their gift to us already.

So here they are...the first official batch of WarriorChicks and the women to whom I look for inspiration in this time of seismic level personal change:






All I can say is thank you.

12 comments:

Marzipan said...

Thank you so much!! This is by far my favorite award EVER. I will be passing it on this week : )

Susan said...

I love it Christine! And....I have a few blogs where this is going to be an awesome share! Passing it forward...Susan:)

Christine Claire Reed said...

Susan! SEE! You! Already someone I feel like I missed... :(

Susan said...

Aahh, Christine - but you just did:) Thank you for that....Namaste :)

nadinefawell.net said...

Thank you, wow!
When I crawl out of my cave, I'm going to pass this one along too.

*hugs*

PS. Seismic? Love that word. SO evocative.

svasti said...

Wow! What a cool award and I am most honoured that you included me in your first batch of recipients. We sure need more WarriorChicks out there in the world, eh? I will certainly pass it on to a few more :)

And I can't wait to hear about the BIG things going on for you right now xo

Heather Plett said...

SO honoured! Like Marzipan, this is the best award I've ever received, partly because I admire YOU so much and feel thrilled to be in such great warrior company!

Heather Plett said...

Oops - hit enter on my comment too quickly and didn't get a link attached to my name...

Bombshell BLISS said...

This is seriously the best award ever!!!! Did I read that right? May I take it and pass it on?

Sandy Dempsey said...

You're a continuous source of support, through your courageous journey, your words and your support of others. thank you. xx00

Jaliya said...

Fabulous :-)

Svasti offered the award to several huge hearts ... and she included me ...

I'm taking this honour to heart and I'm *keeping* it there!

Bless you for birthing this, Christine!

miss miss said...

I just love you. I've written you this before, but thank you, yet again, for being SO inspiring! You are definitely one of my heroines - as someone who is dealing with hardships so honestly, openly (even if you don't say exactly what it is right away) - and yet you are able to maintain such Love for Life & the world. I am turning 30 this Friday (!YAY! Goodbye, 20s! Thank Godddess) & coming out of/hopefully finishing up this round of very difficult times. Reading your work is what gets me by some moments/nights/days. Then, this award - you are a glorious creatrix! Oh, but you forgot someone on the list: YOU, Christine BlissChick! WarriorChick Extraordinaire. :D
Much Love,
Britt in Texas