Monday, August 23, 2010

And She Returns Amidst Some Chaos...


This photo is just a sneak peak into my brain and things that are whirling around in there regarding this blog.  And yes, those are my feet at our lake.

My time off from blogging daily has been a much needed break, and again, I thank all of my regular readers for your patience, and I welcome all the new readers.  Posting less frequently seems to give the material time to be read by a larger audience, and so, though I have learned tons that I will be sharing over the following days and weeks, one thing I have learned about this blog in particular is that I change the content way too quickly and way too often.

So I will, for a time, be experimenting with a three-times-a-week schedule, starting this week.

The chaos to which I refer in the title is that some unexpected and good things have happened during my time off.

I was out of the blue offered a writing class to teach at a local college that is a branch of my alma mater.  I have not taught writing in any setting for a few years and so I am nervous but excited to begin TODAY.

In the meantime, I have been trying to finish up with some project work centered around my yoga and dance teaching, and eventually, hopefully quite soon, you will see the fruits of that around these parts.

And in just under two weeks, I will be headed to a weekend retreat with Erich Schiffmann, my first teacher -- via video, and I am super excited to meet this man.  I adore his writing, his teachings, and his VOICE.  (Giggle)

After Labor Day week, I will be changing and adding to my yoga and dance teaching schedule, so, for approximately 12 weeks, I will be teaching 7 days a week!  I am NUTSO, obviously.

How about you?  How are you all doing?  Anything new and exciting going on during this back-to-school time?


10 comments:

Rachel @ suburbanyogini said...

Good for you Christine.

I've got a ton of stuff going on, watch the blog for details! And I too will probably be blogging a little less, for a while at least, from September.

Much love and oms!

svasti said...

I've been having a wee blogging break, only I wasn't nice enough to tell anyone about it ;)

I say if it's what you need, then it's what you do. Y'know?

LOTS been going on for me as well. You keep looking after you, and I'll just enjoy whatever you post, whenever you post it! xo

TheAnalyst said...

Good luck with all of your upcoming teachings! Your writing class will be fantastic, I just know it!

Raine-Lee said...

Good to have you back! Good luck with all your projects!

Lisa said...

That photo is mesmerizing!

I am on the verge of something BIG about to OPEN UP ~ and I have NO IDEA what it is.

I can feel it coming. Many signs and sources point to its pending arrival. Only the Universe has yet to reveal any glimpse of what it will be.

I am here. I am ready. I am open.

nadineandkerry.com said...

Three times a week is more than I have EVER managed, so I am still suitably impressed!
Also, I love that photo. On so many levels.
Also? yay you with the teaching! Yayyay!

Gretchen said...

I LOVE the photo! And congratulations on getting to teach a writing class. What kind of writing do you teach?

Back to school time is just that for me, back to school with my students. I love that it gives me a schedule, but admit that I wasn't quite ready to go back to school yet. Oh well. It is what it is and I'll make the best of it!

Erin said...

all the way from Sunny San Diego, California...love your bloggy-blog.


Less is more. no? ...yes.

Jen Saunders said...

Glad to read you are posting 3x a week - I cannot imagine how much work it must have been posting daily! Good for you for setting boundaries. Teaching something you love everyday? divine...

Tangerine Meg said...

Beautiful dancers feet fluid photo :)