Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Like a French Fry in Yellow Springs

I don't know how many times I'll have to re-learn this, but after a workshop, I am FRIED.  Like, deep fried.  All crispy on the outside and mushy on the inside.

I know that my time in Yellow Springs with Erich Schiffmann was short, but it was definitely deep.

Here I am talking to him and looking way too freaking serious. But Marcy says that is what sort of animal I am -- serious.


See?  Way too serious...

But here I am, later that evening, with Lisa from Nerdy Renegade.  We met up for dinner and laughter and deep talk of the non-fried variety!


See?  Smiles are good!  And so is a new pink scarf with orange balls!

That is as deeply as I can write for a couple of days.  I'll be back with more of what actually happened.

For now, I leave you with Erich's mantra:

Big Mind is My Mind.

Namaste.

11 comments:

svasti said...

You don't look too serious to me. Just rather earnest. And that's cool... :)

Linnea said...

I have always been a Very Serious Animal. It's OK. Obviously, that's what the Creator wanted me to be.

(And on a completely girly note, I ADORE your outfit in the second pic.)

Lisa said...

Sooooo good to be with you!

Wishing you all the best as you recover and integrate. :)

Christine Claire Reed said...

Linnea! I don't think you can even see the total awesome -- HA! THAT is my MR. BUBBLE t-shirt!! :)

Christine Claire Reed said...

Svasti...Earnest...I like that. :)

Bob Weisenberg said...

Looks to me like you're praying to him and he's eating it up. I always imagined Erich to be more egalitarian than that.

Seriously, looking forward to your report about the session.

Bob W.

Christine Claire Reed said...

Bob, He was such an INTENT listener. I was telling him a wee story about how he has impacted my life. I would have never had the courage to return to dancing at 40 if I had not found yoga...and if I had not found his teachings 15 years ago, I would not have stuck to yoga. So this meeting was pretty big for me. ;)

And...I was trying to keep it together. I don't like getting overly emotional in public spaces.

Anonymous said...

whenever you get too serious,
try saying to yourself

"Big fart IS my fart"

Linnea said...

Oh em squee, Christine! A MR. BUBBLE Shirt?!

You are so awesome.

lucy said...

seriously pink, whaddya think?

Christine Claire Reed said...

Perfect, Lucy. You remind me that I tell people I am a "Glitter Geek."

:)