Thursday, September 30, 2010

Right Now, Brand New


During the Erich Schiffmann workshop, he said something that has stuck with me all these weeks.

He said it is not a lifetime of discipline or even a week or a month or a type or a system, but that it is Right NOW.

Meaning: We do not have to do any specific thing for any set amount of time.  We just have to realize our true nature right now.  It's not something to seek and find.  It already is.

I know this is pretty basic stuff but the way he talked about it really got to me.

A couple of weeks ago, I was learning about listening to my intuition and spontaneously attended Mass.  When I do this, I often hear things as if for the first time and it happened that miscellaneous Monday.

I heard, "...but only say the word and I shall be healed."

Regardless of the theology underlying this or your own beliefs, I was struck by how much it was the same thing that Erich was saying -- right now, with One Word, I can just be Whole, Realized, Fully Me.

Then the other day, Christine over at Abbey of the Arts posted a familiar Rumi poem and it was the beginning that felt like the final installment in this particular lesson:

Inside this new love, die.
Your way begins on the other side.
Become the sky.
Take an axe to the prison wall.
Escape.
Walk out like somebody suddenly born into color.
Do it now.

-Rumi

Right...I am brand new.  Time to accept it and move on.


7 comments:

Linda-Sama said...

and that is why Patanjali's first word in the Sutra-s is atha...now.

just me said...

Reading this was like being able to let out a great big sigh of relief. It's just RIGHT NOW.
I carry around a lot of guilt. But realizing that only the moment, now, one word is all that matters helps me to release the guilt of burden and regret.
Thanks for sharing!

Laura said...

what could be better than the words of Erich Schiffmann and Rumi in the same post!!! We have arrived. We are whole. WE ARE HERE. and perfectly ok just as we are :)

Bob Weisenberg said...

Erich is great--the very pure Yoga philosophy.

Great blog. I really enjoyed this.

Bob W.

Jaliya said...

AMEN!!

Bliss is always bubbling up ...

I actually feel a wee bit of it myself today.

All hail the ordinary blessings!

xoxo

Abbey of the Arts said...

great reflections Christine, I find I have to learn the most simple things again and again and I love when life offers me the words I need to hear as a continual cascade of confirmation.

Janice said...

Love this post so much, Christine! Thank you for sharing your profound thoughts! My now, today, is "Time to accept and relish in it."