Wednesday, October 6, 2010

List Making


(A candle that Marcy lit for me in Milan, Italy a couple of days ago.  For other pictures and updates about her Italy trip, visit her blog...being updated by me since internet in Italy is wonky.)

Here is how silly I can be:  Before Marcy left for Italy, we had one of our planning dates so that I could make a list of potential projects, which I could work on while she was gone.  HA!

This list had things like:  Re-do blog; write a few books; sew curtains for the entire neighborhood...you get the idea.

What the list did not include and should have:  Sleep well; eat well; take care of this brain; watch for obsessive thinking; rest; exercise; go for walks; drink calming tea; journal with pen and ink and paper; watch for obsessive thinking some more; do lots of deep breathing...you get the idea again.

Some day, I may learn.  Emphasis on "may."

7 comments:

GoodchefT said...

Isn't it funny how we all think we're gonna get all this stuff done while our spouse is away and it doesn't work out that way?

My hubs went camping last month and I managed to throw away our dining room chairs and replace them with plastic lawn chairs from Target. That was about the only thing I got done on my list that I was going to do while he was away.

Namaste~Heather said...

The "take care of oneself" list is so much more important, but often the one that gets overlooked the most, huh? May you be well!

Brandi Reynolds said...

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll EVER learn. Maybe in the next lifetime eh??

:-)

Heather Plett said...

I've been reading Bridges' book "Transitions" and he talks about how often we feel like life should be a simple journey and eventually we'll just have arrived into "grown-up-ville" (my words, not his) and stuff will get easy. He says some of it is because we base too much of our thinking on the industrial revolution and we treat ourselves like cars that should come off the factory floor complete and ready for the road. He also talks about how often we assume we are "making" things rather than "growing" them (eg. making a living, making friends, etc.)

Well, it's time to give up all that unrealistic, ridiculous thinking and just trust that life is a process. Every day we're learning, and sometimes we just have to re-learn what we learned a thousand times already!

Laurina said...

wow! that should be the ubiquitous to do list for ALL humans... think of what a better place our world would be, seriously! It's definitely mine, thank youuuu

lynna G said...

I am so happy I stumbled on your blog.I will come visit again.

svasti said...

It's one of those "doh" moments, isn't it? What I think I need isn't at all what I need, and what I actually need is this...

:)