Friday, October 15, 2010

Loving What You Love is the Way


When I took that walk and ended up on the swings this past Sunday, this was the tree that pulled me into the park, pulled me in when I wasn't intending to go any further than standing atop a hill and looking out.  The orange of this tree was like a magic magnet and I could not stay away.

I am reading the Geneen Roth book again and this quote hit me in the sternum, right in that emerald green heart space:

...ask yourself what you love. Without fear of consequences, without force or shame or guilt. What motivates you to be kind, to take care of your body, your spirit, others, the earth?  Trust the longing, trust the love that can be translated into action without the threat of punishment.  Trust that you will not destroy what matters most.  Give yourself that much. (Roth, p. 141)

6 comments:

Emma said...

Excellent.

Justine said...

Just what I needed to hear this week! Thank you <3

Laura said...

this is so beautiful Christine...I've been feeling that way about trees, really drawn to them...like they are calling me...check out my post http://orli-shines.blogspot.com/2010/10/lech-lecha.html I think it will really speak to you....and guess what...I went and got my hair colored today...to match the fall foliage...a mix of coppers and deep purply red...just call me laurax!
♥ gentle steps

Anna said...

I needed that, thanks

Danny said...

Without a doubt, I love me.

Lynna G said...

"Pulled me into the park"" is such a fabulous phrase.
I so know what you mean. Thank you for your lovely blog. I really enjoy reading it.
Loving what you love is the way. Inspiring.
Yay!