Monday, October 4, 2010

A New Mantra


Yesterday, Graciel from Evenstar Art drove to Erie from outside Buffalo for a day of chatting, followed by her attending my Kundalini Yoga & Movement class for the second time.

So. Much. Talking.

During all of this talk, we came up with a new mantra for ourselves that I think most of you could use.

It comes from a saying in A.A. that a friend of mine taught me: Do the next right thing.

Graciel and I decided to tweak it for our own specific heart needs:

Do the next happy thing.

For two very serious animals, who tend to see everything as "work," this is a big deal.

Do the next happy thing.

This is not meant to be another difficult thing in your life.

The next happy thing is most likely something small and easy.

Listen, in particular, to your heart and your body; tell brain to just shut up -- it tends to complicate.


8 comments:

Linnea said...

May this Serious Animal borrow it, too?

You are blessed to be surrounded by so many supportive people ... and animals. (Toby looks for the world as if he's meditating in that photo!)

Graciel @ Evenstar Art said...

dear fellow serious animal~

what a fantastic day we had! your teaching skills are magnificent. if i lived closer, i would be your constant student.

and that mantra? it will be written, big and bold, and placed front and center on my fridge for easy, constant viewing.

quell the brain, cue the heart.

thank you for everything.

xo, graciel

Linda-Sama said...

my mantra is not worrying about things that I have no control over (such a huge waste of time and effort which only leads to more suffering)...then happiness follows, always.

aehathor said...

That's perfect. I want it, and I want to share it.

Thank you!

Lisa

Jeanne Klaver said...

You are both so wise!

just me said...

Luv this!

kate i said...

Perfect Christine...and just the words I needed to hear right now!

Karin Bartimole said...

love it - that is a great mantra!! it's an instant smile maker, from mind to face :) and on into action!