Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What I Need: A Sign of Things to Come

Graciel is doing this great thing today: She is asking that we all write out our needs in some way and blatantly present them to the Universe.  I love her post today.

Now, my signs will simply be written here since my helper mate, who has excellent printing skills (whereas my writing...oye), is in Italy -- Florence today, to be exact.

On Sunday, I took my camera and headed to the Lake and then I ended up at our city arboretum, where I unexpectedly discovered my first sign -- a sign to which said helper mate, Marcy, would respond with a resounding, "DUH!"

I Need to Play More!




I think this need is very akin to the new mantra that Graciel and I came up with when she was visiting.  That new mantra is not meant to be complicated. The next happy thing, the next playful thing, can be as simple as sitting on that swing instead of just walking by.

Which leads me to my second Need:

I need to stop worrying what the hell other people think!

This is hard to admit, but I totally worry about this -- a lot.  I think most of us do.  It stops us from wearing that dress or doing that thing or saying those words.

These two needs, taken together, are representative of all of my needs right now, and they are all about Trusting & Owning My Life.

What about you?  What are you ready to ask for?


12 comments:

Rowena said...

me too. I definitely need to lighten up and enjoy, instead of always being so serious.

Graciel @ Evenstar Art said...

PERFECT!!!! i love both your signs and will adopt them in the quest to trust and own my life.

thank you so much for playing along!

keep swinging', gorgeous soul!

xxoo, graciel

Heather Plett said...

That picture of your feet on the swings made me very happy! It's one of the reasons I love having a goofy 8 year old around the house - she's pretty good at reminding me to be playful.

And your second wish- oh YES. I need that too.

smith kaich jones said...

Oh Lordy. This is wonderful! More play and less worrying about those awful scary others! I love this and am totally heading for the swings once the rain stops - I know, I know, I should go on down there and swing in the rain, but there might be lightning - oh look! Sunshine peeking through all of a sudden. :) Of course. No more excuses.

:) Debi

Lynna G said...

I love your post. I enjoy visiting your blog.
I stumbled on Graciel's blog and joined the party
Come visit.
Lynna

mrs mediocrity said...

Yes, I need both of those things as well, especially the play, I have cared less and less, as I've gotten older, what other people think so much. Love your photos on the swing, perfect.

my sign is at http://www.mrsmediocrity.com/?p=4254

Ashley @ Nourishing the Soul said...

I also need to work on playing more and took that to heart today. Instead of plugging away on more work, I strolled to the farmer's market and sat reading a book. I tried to keep the guilt at bay and live in the moment. I love the idea of asking the universe for what I need. I need patience.

Bob Weisenberg said...

Ok, you asked. This is going to sound really corny, but I need to live my life according to my personal interpretation of the Bhagavad Gita:

1) LIVE AND ACT WITH LOVE AND PURPOSE, DETACHING MY EGO FROM RESULTS

2) FOCUS MY MIND, and

3) EXPERIENCE THE INFINITE WONDER OF THE UNIVERSE AND OF EVERYDAY LIFE

This really seems to work for me, as long as I approach it in a relaxed and undemanding way.

Bob W.

erin said...

i need to establish compassionate boundaries and not apologize for my feelings. I need to now enjoy life and play too! I've had enough of this past haunting me crap.

Christine Claire Reed said...

After I wrote this, I felt like I needed to clarify my "not give a crap what other's think." I probably don't need to say this, but...this is in no way about being insensitive or about crossing boundaries that are appropriate. It's just about my own fear of being seen as silly or even of just being SEEN.

There. That was just on my mind.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZKrl5n79hY&feature=related


For you Christine.

Jaliya said...

Our needs ... Well, mine are pretty basic right now, and they revolve primarily around tending very mindfully to my body, metabolism and energy ... I need to be a very loving mother to myself in basic ways ...

Christine ... I am with you re: your fear of "just been SEEN" ... xoxo