I don't normally post on Saturdays, but...
Yesterday, Marcy and I took flowers to my Great Aunt Ardelle's grave, and we realized that it was the day before her death date...or Feast Day, as we prefer to call it, today, November 13th (1983).
So a simple list of good memories that I have thanks to her:
- The ping of opening up a tin of chocolate Swiss Miss pudding.
- Lugging a too heavy, too big watering can to the side of her house, to the only thin slice of shade on her property, to water the Begonias (as seen above). Learning from this the importance of beauty for beauty's sake.
- Her hearty laugh.
- The bubbles of ginger ale floating inside the thick, yellow/tan glasses.
- The deep, claw foot tub with the stopper attached to a long, silver beaded chain.
- A Christmas tree that stands as the archetypal Christmas tree in my mind.
- The almost permanent apron around her waist.
But the main thing: the warm love with which she surrounded and continues to surround me.