Thursday, February 17, 2011

Workshop for Depression & Anxiety


As many of you know because you've been here a while, Blisschick is not who I am but whom I strive to be.  I try every day to see the bliss already in my life, and lately, I am pretty darn successful at this.

Thanks to dance.  And yoga.  And chant.  And breath.  And Marcy.  And the animals who live with us.  And one million other tiny, almost invisible things that have happened or are happening.

I have written about the beginning of my life and the ensuing depression and the struggling.  I am a person who has had to work very hard first, to want to be here, and second, to find something beyond contentment, beyond the basics of safety and calm.

Along the way, I have learned a few things, and as I teach yoga and movement and dance, I find myself called upon to share those things.  I like to think that this is one of the reasons we go through sorrow and pain and difficulty -- so we might learn enough from it to help other people on their path.

So on March 27th, from 3:00 to 5:30 PM, I am offering a workshop about using yoga, movement, chant, and breath to deal with the daily demons that depression and anxiety birth in our lives.

You will leave this workshop with a toolkit for combating acute attacks of anxiety as well as the early symptoms of the onset of chronic depression.

I am not a doctor of any kind, but I am a woman who spent too many decades barely wanting to live and now my life is, on a regular basis, full of shiny.  I think that is some sort of credential.

You can sign up for this workshop by going to the facebook events page or by emailing me at pinkyogi at gmail dot com.


2 comments:

EatToANewBeat said...

Hey! Great dance blog! I wanted to let you know about a new teen dance contest sponsored by Applegate Farms. It's called "Eat To A New Beat" and has a great message behind the contest. All the info's in the press release: http://goo.gl/cC1ci or on our website: www.eattoanewbeat.com. Feel free to share with your readers. Thanks!

Tess said...

Good for you, I know this will be helpful for a lot of people.