Friday, March 25, 2011

Round & Round the Hamster Wheel

Almost time for this...

Lately...

Lately, I feel like I am always just pushing.  Trying. Grasping. Reaching. Running. Yes, running, round and round.

Do you ever feel like this?  Like all the effort just keeps getting recycled and there never seems to be any pause, any let up?

This is extra frustrating to me right now, because I feel like it shouldn't be the case. I feel like... I have found this work that I am meant to do, shouldn't there be some sense of ease...at least, some of the time?

How is it possible that I can still feel like a damn hamster?

I know that there must be something I am resisting...that it is me who is making this harder than it has to be, but I am having a difficult time stepping off that wheel because it's spinning so fast.


7 comments:

svasti said...

Oh yes, I know EXACTLY what you mean. I think that perhaps it's just about keeping on swimming.

Sure, we know where we're going but that doesn't mean we get calm seas. Never turn your back on the sea, you know?

Brenda said...

likewise

Christine Claire Reed said...

Svasti! Expand that...I'm not sure I get it. So, there is no getting off the hamster wheel? :(

erin said...

It sounds like you're still processing... I felt like that when I was going through a big change. My mind was always going, fixing, going, analyzing, drawing lines from A to B and trying to connect all the dots. Even though good things were happening, the processing and "solving" was still taking place.

Tess said...

I think sometimes we can't identify what the repetitive wheel is teaching us until afterwards.

jeneflower said...

I always wonder how other people get so much done. I never feel like there are enough hours in the day.

Kristina said...

Oh, yeah...I completely hear what you are saying and am in the process of very gingerly stepping my right toe out of the hamster wheel, which I know will eventually lead to my right foot, my right leg, both feet, both legs...you get the idea. :) It's scary as hell because I'm worried I'm going to miss something (or miss out on something), but as I hear the balls dropping around me, I know I've got to do something differently.