Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Small Change = Big Change



When I first purchased this Filofax many months ago, I thought I was getting it to keep track of myself.

I was feeling very overwhelmed at the time, having finally really figured out what my individual mental health symptoms all added up to.  I was also feeling very determined to overcome all of it once and for all so I saw this as part of my "program."

I got the Filofax to track symptoms, triggers, things that helped, ways to distract myself when my brain was acting up (or out).  I was even tracking my food, because when I am in the midst of a downward spiral, I forget to eat.

This tracking lasted a short time, because I discovered some things that quickly made a huge difference in my life.  I also was teaching dance and yoga more and more.

Otherwise, I was really starting to live the life I was meant to live.

Tracking symptoms was becoming less and less of an imperative.  More and more of some obligation to an old version of myself.

This past Thursday, I made a big change.

I tore all the tabs out of my Filofax that had to do with my disease, and I replaced those tabs with My Life.

Those tabs are now for tracking my ideas, my passion, my dreams, my goals.

Those tabs are now all about YES!


6 comments:

JessRS said...

Wooooooooooohoooooooooooooo! Love it!!!!

claire said...

Mazel Tov! Mazel Tov! Christine ♥ What a glorious change! Bravo!
You just gave me this blissful feeling, a magic potion to start my day. Thank you!

Linda said...

Yes!!! Sometimes doing all the planning and tracking is just focusing on the problem. Now you are focusing on the solutions and the blissful life you are living. Great move!!

Marissa said...

Great perspective! I always find myself wasting time concentrating on the root of the problem and forgetting to think of the solutions. Thank you for the reminder!

Brenda said...

wow. makes me feel happy for you.

leah creates said...

Oh, goodness, I had no idea you were a filofax user, too. I'm totally obsessed with mine! I'm really glad to see that you're using yours to celebrate your life. AWESOME, Christine! Much love! <3