Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Retreating to Move Forward


(Art of Yoga studio in Erie, where I teach Yoga Dance once a week.)

WhinyChick reporting for duty.

It has been 18 days since I had a day completely off from teaching.

I love what I do.

I have chosen this work.  Or rather, it has chosen me and I am glad for it.

Teaching feeds me.  It gives me energy. It inspires me. It fills me with ideas.

But we all need little breaks -- even from the most excellent parts of our lives.

We all need a bit of downtime to regroup. Check in. Check out.

I am on my way to a bed and breakfast on the grounds of the Chautauqua Institute for two nights all by myself with no computer.

I have never done this before in my life. I go away to Kripalu, sure, but it's for workshops. My time is full and stimulating.  It feels "productive" to go to workshops. "Valuable."

Open space. Open time. No computer. All sorts of fears swirl in my body about this but I am going anyway. Because that's what I do -- feel some fear and head right at it.


2 comments:

Ellen said...

I wish you inspiration, hope and renewal on your computer free retreat Christine.

Jacqueline said...

What a gorgeous space you get to practice and teach in! Lucky lucky you! Enjoy your quiet time, we do all need it, some more than others.