Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Importance of Small Moments

I am just over 42 years and 7 months old.

Sometimes when I think about that, I freak out.  I feel...behind.  I think it's all impossible or too late or what am I thinking!? It can turn into a dream-feeding frenzy of sharp toothed negativity.

Sometimes when I think about that, I think, Cooooolllll....


Because my body is stronger and healthier than it has ever been.

I am as flexible, and in some ways more so, than when I was 16. Which is saying a lot.

I am freaking HAPPIER than I have EVER been.

I have depression, anxiety, body hatred, eating disorders...all of it, UNDER CONTROL, in its proper place...meaning out of my life.

I am on fire with ideas and creativity and energy.

All because I returned to my true love, my passion, my purpose...all because I got up and danced at a wedding.

All those seemingly little tiny things that happen to us every day? You never know which one will change your life completely and forever so be thankful for every single one.


3 comments:

svasti said...

LOVE that picture!

I know what you mean. I'll be turning 40 at the end of the year and sometimes it doesn't seem real. How can it be?

And yet like you, other times I think it's awesome. Holy Shiva but I've done a heck-load of learning about what's Really Real, especially in the later part of my life.

Getting older is such a blessing. And I don't think we're ever too late for anything, you know?

Marian said...

I love the picture as well!

I am just a blink over 50 years and 7 months old...I read your posts and I learn and grow, so thank you. I feel perpetually behind--kind of late for my life, but at the same time I know I'm wiser than I have ever been.

I know being in front of a camera can be difficult for you, but you should really get a video going--I'm first in line to buy it!

Thank you for all of your insights!

Susan said...

I'm with Marion and svasti:)

Video. Yes. Would rock:)