Saturday, August 27, 2011

Bits of Bliss

This week a few new things entered our lives here at the Lilypad.  Of course, first I got my very own, beautiful, amazing, how-did-this-happen-to-me movement studio, for which after this weekend, I will be frantically planning (it opens October 1st).

Then I re-painted the front door:


Oh...

Right...

Then this came to live here:


I know...we already have FOUR cats, but you see, for many of our years together, Marcy and I had FIVE. Then within about four years, we lost all of those elder cats and they went to live at Sparkle Pond.

I told Marcy, "Never more than TWO ever again."

Yep.  Whatever.

Then I told her, "Four is perfect."

Yep. Whatever.

For us, it seems that Five is the magic number.

As soon as Mister Rumi entered the house, it was like we were complete. Finally.  I didn't realize it, but we were missing one small, blue eyed puzzle piece.



6 comments:

Nicole said...

I would come to your studio (if I was close enough) just because of the colour of the door! Fabulous!

And I can totally see how that kitty would make your heart melt :)

Gretchen said...

He's so cute!

Amelie said...

I am so incredibly happy for you. Getting your own studio and a lovely new kitten is so amazing. I can just see such amazing things happening for you in your new studio. You are truly an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Aww..Mister Rumi is so adorable! Congratulations on your new addition! Love that shade of blue on your door, too! Congratulations on your new studio! So many wonderful things! Yay!

K.J. said...

That is about the cutest kitty I have ever seen....congradulations! He looks like a zen master.

IrishPoet said...

Love the blue door, that's what probably attracted Mr. Rumi! I painted my doors and shutters almost the same color blue two years ago and LOVE seeing them when I drive home every day!