Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Exciting Update!

I GOT THE SPACE!

The landlord is super awesome friendly and we just instantly agreed on everything.  I felt comfortable with him right away, so that was cool.

Starting on October 1st, my movement work and teaching will have its very own, huge, wooden-floored, light-filled space.

And here's the really wacky serendipitous thing: you know that Great Aunt who was my main witness when I was little? The one I wrote about here and elsewhere?

Her house used to be about three buildings away from my new studio.  When I walk in that neighborhood, sometimes, I can still smell her...

Yep.  This is where I belong, truly.

I think she helped.

Now I am off to make LISTS!  Glorious mountains of LISTS!

If any of you dear readers have any suggestions or ideas or anything at all to share with me about this process, do tell. I am all ears!


10 comments:

Emma said...

Yahoooooooooooooooo!! Congratulations! :) :) :)

Svasti said...

Whoo to the hoo!!!!

The fear you're feeling is just to keep you on your toes and make sure your senses are kept keenly tingling.

I know exactly what you mean about smells and feeling like places are "right".

It is WONDERFUL NEWS. Enjoy and revel in all of the goodness. Can not wait to see what your space looks like once you've finished decorating it.

I know next to nothing about opening a studio but there are plenty of others who can help you out there. But I'll be excited to follow your progress.

And perhaps maybe, you could have a studio puppy? Someone to hang out with you while you work? ;)

kazari said...

That's awesome!!!

Congratulations!

I hope you have fun christening the space.

Graciel said...

i am busting with pride for you!!!!

xxoo

Heather Plett said...

I am so VERY excited for you! What a big, bold, delicious move for you and all that you are dreaming of! And you KNOW it wouldn't take much to convince me I need a trip down there to help you christen it. :)

Rebecca said...

Wonderful !!!!

Suzanne said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Blessed Be!

Suzanne said...

Congrats!

Blessed Be!

K.J. said...

That is so beautiful. You are amazing.

Ashley @ Nourishing the Soul said...

Congratulations! Having a space that feels like your own is so empowering and fosters creativity and growth. Cheers to making many happy memories there!