Monday, September 26, 2011

As Blisschick Comes to an End, True Bliss Blossoms


That little clump of roses is possibly the last of the roses for the year. I went outside yesterday with scissors to cut some flowers to put beside my Our Lady of Guadalupe statue, and I could not bring myself to cut these last few. Everything else was just done, and this made me a bit sad.

"No more flowers for Guady." I said to Marcy as I came inside.

But then, looking toward the park from our kitchen window, even through the window that I can see from here, where I type, I notice hints of red in the leaves of the trees.  A little bright yellow here and there.

I love fall, I remember, and the last of the roses doesn't feel quite so sad. As summer ends, fall begins.

I am going to be launching a new site that is connected to my real-life work more directly. I am excited about this. I have felt...a bit of restriction with blisschick for some time now.

But I am also sad. I have written here for over three years, starting on April 15, 2008 with this post that has within it so much foreshadowing it almost takes my breath away.

I may be announcing the new site as soon as tomorrow, maybe not until Wednesday. Blisschick will stay right here, all the archives accessible, but I will not import it into the new blog.  I want a really fresh, clean slate.

Like the green, muddy earth of Spring.


5 comments:

Emma said...

Congratulations on the upcoming site and on all you created here! Looking forward to what comes next.

Anne-Marie said...

I've been lurking here for some time but decided now was the time to comment :-) I'm delighted with the wonderful things that have been happening in your life recently and I look forward to seeing your new site. Blessings on you!

Eco Yogini said...

congratulations!!! i'm looking forward to NEW! (ps- a New Moon is the perfect timing!!) :)

Danny Lucas said...

I am kinda surprised at this blog closing.
I thought Bliss a part of life at all times.
The blog too!

I thank you for keeping archives open, as there is some marvelous reading to go back to again and again in pages past.
(I never told you but I always reread here at Advent and at Christmas. This will continue annually still).

As for your roses, .......like your blog ending, I immediately recalled a favorite quote:

"God gave us memories that we might have roses in December "
---– J. M. Barrie

The memories of what I have read here, and at places sourced from here, like Marisa at Epiphany Girl (very sadly missed) :-(
will still be amazing fragrances in the remainder of my years....thanks to the gift of memories!

I wish you marvelous success, Christine.
If anyone deserves it, that would be YOU!

God bless you abundantly,
Danny Lucas

Em said...

I just did this myself, except that I even took down my old site. I'm happily where I am, dealing with sad endings and joyful beginnings and feeling as though my blog looks exactly as it should. At least for now!

I'm looking forward to your future bloggy incarnation.