Friday, September 2, 2011

NERVOUS!

Toby likes new kitten Rumi just a little

At 7 this evening, I go to sign my lease for my new studio. I am feeling so very nervous.

The story making, anxiety ridden part of my brain keeps trying to convince me that somehow this is all going to fall through, that it is most certainly not meant for me to be this happy, this lucky, this fulfilled.

So today is about a morning full of teaching and then hours of petting cats to soothe my inner negative beasties.

If you are feeling at all nervous or anxious today, I thought a kitten photo would help.


8 comments:

Brija said...

Kitten photos always help, how come yours get along so well? It's lovely to see. And it's lovely to hear your fantastic news. You deserve happiness and fulfillment, grab it with both hands!

Em said...

More kittens on the internet, yay!

In all seriousness, it's awesome that you're doing this. Congratulations!

Em said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amelie said...

I have read this blog for quite a long time and I just wanted to say that I think it is amazing that you are chasing your dreams and signing a lease today. I know it is nervous making and your mind will fill you with anxieties, but it is clear from your posts that dancing and teaching is your passion and this is just taking your passion one step further. You are an incredible inspiration to me.

amy said...

you rock! so proud of you (can i say that without sounding condescending?) a recent workshop i participated in suggested making fear into an acronym - F%$#ing Exciting and Rewarding. to me it still connotes doing something that could be anxiety provoking, but gives it a positive spin. whaddya think? looking forward to hearing about your new adventure in the days to come.

amy said...

btw - have you seen this mystic cat video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bTbAsmPOKo

Bob Weisenberg said...

Hi, Christine.

Hearty congratulations on your new studio. I love the phrase "petting cats to soothe my inner negative beasties."

Bob

Susan said...

well w00t you!

and I'm so glad that toby and rumi are bestest friends!

love the calming the beasties idea:)

congratulations!!! your courage inspires me to keep chasing my own beasties out:)