Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Tiny Glimpse at Kundalini Yoga


Intro to Short Spinal Series/Kundalini from Christine Claire Reed on Vimeo.

Ta-Da!  A tiny, one-take video of me and three of my committed students practicing a short spinal series plus a little extra something that I would normally do later in the class.

Even when I am teaching something like the new meditative ballet fusion class that I have created, I always start with Kundalini yoga inspired spinal movement.  It strengthens the core, creates fluidity in the spine, and is just generally a great warm up for any movement to follow.

I highly recommend this as a quick warm-up series before hatha yoga classes.

Enjoy!

(OH! If you love the music that is in the background, it's by the amazingly brilliant avant-garde cellist, Zoe Keating. Buy her stuff!)


6 comments:

Emma said...

This is great! Very clear.

How cool to see the first video glimpse!

I liked the cat presence, too.

Andrea said...

Great, wonderful job! Made me miss class and the Lilypad so much. Will see you soon (I hope)Andie

Brija said...

Thanks for the video! Had a follow along, I think I'll be adding it to my regular practice. Just need the cats and it'll be perfect.
Your house looks lovely, cosy and welcoming. Wishing you the best with the new studio and look forward to more videos.

Suzanne said...

Thank you so very much!

chiropractor melbourne said...

More routines are modified as well. This is to come up with more variations on the practice.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this one. Among all types of yoga, this is my most favorite because it does work well on me.
yoga for beginners