Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Week of Firsts, Fears, & Freaking Fun


If it weren't for the fact that a lot of the "firsts" of this week had to do with relaxation, I would be one overwrought, freaking-out introvert!

Somehow...this week fell into place in the weirdest way.

I visited my dear friend, as I already wrote about, and she, unbeknownst to me, scheduled us for pedicures. Which I have never had. (And those are my tootsies up there enjoying the warm soak.)

I can get pretty freaked out about people...touching me so this was one for pushing buttons and boundaries (more to come of those!), and yet I am at a place in my life where I know that boundary pushing is not only good for me but tends to turn out Great!

Which this did. It was amazing. I wanted everyone to just shut up and not speak, because my feet were in HEAVEN and they wanted the rest of me to join them. Wow. This seems like such a super awesome bit of self-care for a dancer or movement educator since we ask so much of our feet.

Then I got home and the very next day, I had a full body, real-deal massage. Again, TOUCHING!  ((startled face inserted here))

And it, too, was amazing, and I am so thankful that I now see Fear as a Guide so that I know when Fear rears its ugly head, I should either talk to it or chop it off. Either way, I should not ignore it or run the other way.

I then had a meeting with two wonderful women that pertains to my new studio space coming in October, and THAT went so well.  I felt super BIG. Like a total adult in ways I have never felt.

Continuing with the TOUCHING theme...yesterday, I experienced Thai Yoga, which is, I think, quite possibly my new FAVE.  (If you live in Erie, I highly recommend these women and they are running a special right now.)

And now...DRUM ROLL...the biggest FIRST of all...

Tomorrow evening, I go to sign my lease for my studio space. I could VOMIT. Really. I am this sickening awesome mix of totally fearful and completely excited.

Wanting to vomit with fear and excitement!? I think that means I am on the right path!


2 comments:

Rachel @ SuburbanYogini said...

Ah pedicures! They are my big necessity. Every 3 weeks. And I put them through my business as a non-taxable expense. As you say, we put our feet through so much and also I like my feet to look pretty!

And signing that lease? Well you can feel as vomit-y as you like but it's happening. For realz! Do it!

love love love xxx

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your week of big, amazing and fearful firsts! Congratulations, also, on your new studio space! You go, girl!