Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Wine, Chat, & (Paint) Chips: The Next Step in Building a Studio



This Friday, we are having some of my movement students over for a brainstorming party. There will be wine and snick-snacks and lots of giggling and chatting.

This studio is happening because of a bunch of women who are committed to the practices and who are courageous.  If not for them, I would not be living this life.  The studio is really theirs, and I want them to feel like that from the first moments.

One of the very fun things we will do is have them mark the backs of paint chips, and above you can see the color palette we will be working with.

The peacock range is for the main teaching/moving room and the pink range is for the tea and chatting room.

Yes! You heard that right!

There will be an actual separate room for sitting around and talking after class. I am so excited for this. I am so very excited to think we are not just building a studio but a special place for connecting and bonding on a much deeper level.


4 comments:

Em said...

That is such a brilliant thing, Christine & such a wonderful idea! If only there were somewhere like that here!

Patty said...

Again I am going to say I can't wait to come and play with you. I have been going through some very trying medical problems and it has eroded both my mind and spirit and now that I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel physically now, I need to heal the rest of me and your studio sounds like it will be just the ticket.

Tess Giles Marshall said...

Oh the tea and chatting room is a brilliant idea. I'm loving this new beginning of yours.

Jacqueline said...

I wished I lived nearby so I could be a part of this, too! Congrats, Christine, it's going to be amazing!